The International Society for Patent Information Professionals
Search Community Job Board
PatSeer have posted an information a webinar moderated by Indian patent search firm Sagacious IP on comprehensive search of Indian patents which took place June 15, 2020. A recording of this webinar is currently available at Gotowebinar.com at the webinar registration link.
Update 7/25/2021: See also: Sagacious IP Search Indian Patents Comprehensively . Webinar Transcript (with slides). (Posted at Sagacious IP website July 7, 2020)
Below is information on webinar posted on PatSeer and Gotowebinar.com website:
As the Indian economy is growing and more and more companies are targeting India for their business expansion, searching patents filed in India is becoming more and more crucial. However, searching Indian patent comprehensively is always a challenge.
Some basic questions patent searchers, globally, often encounter when searching for relevant Indian patents include
• Are IPCs on Indian patents correctly tagged?
• Can I trust the IPC based searches for comprehensively covering Indian Patents?
• Is assignee information reliable?
• What is the best method to conduct a search to capture relevant Indian patent? IPC only, IPC + keyword, Keyword only, etc?
• Which are the best databases for searching Indian patent information comprehensively?
• Is legal status detail on various databases updated and comprehensive?
Manish Sinha, Chief Technology Officer, Gridlogics
Ginish George, Director Operations, Relecura
Kavita Poddar, Senior IP Director, Questel Orbit
Rohit Joshi, Manager, Sagacious IP
Rajat Gulati, SBU Head, Sagacious IP
Moderated by: Tanmay Mittal, Head - IP Solutions - India Region, Sagacious IP
To access a recording use the following link:
Notice on use of PIUG name and logo:
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Antitrust Policy | Bylaws | Copyright and Disclaimer
© 2023 The Patent Information Users Group, Inc.