The International Society for Patent Information Professionals
Search Community Job Board
We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the PIUG 2020 Annual Conference to be held April 25-30, 2020 at the Caribe Royale in Orlando, Florida. The theme for the 32nd Annual Conference is:
Taking Patent Information to the Next Level
We are interested in papers from ALL sectors of the patent information community (chemistry, electrical, mechanical, software, pharmaceutical & biotechnology), and from ALL areas of the patent professional community (attorneys, agents, examiners, searchers (corporate and independent consultants) & tech transfer offices) on patent searching and analysis topics related to the following:
· Use of artificial intelligence (AI) in patent searching;
· Skills required for patent searchers as search technology changes;
· Advanced patent search & analysis strategies supporting state of the art, freedom to operate, licensing, acquisition & divestiture activities, and also the creation of patent/competitive intelligence landscapes and other visualizations;
· Reporting formats and client engagement;
· Examples of use cases in electronics, mechanical, pharmaceutical (chemistry & biotech), software & other sectors;
· Examples of the changing patent law environment and recent patent case law; and
· Approaches to fostering continuous improvement, i.e., use of a variety of search systems/tools, analytical or visualization applications, team collaboration and knowledge sharing practices.
General Guidelines for submitting proposal/topic/ideas:·
· Send your paper title, abstract (max. 200 words), speaker names, affiliation, brief biography and full contact information to Martha Yates (firstname.lastname@example.org). Note: presentations are typically 20-30 min., followed by 5 min. questions and answers.
· Do not include confidential or business-sensitive information in your abstract.
· If you would like to recommend a speaker or a topic for a presentation or a panel discussion please contact the PIUG 2020 Annual Conference organizers, listed below, with your comments and suggestions.
· Further news about the program and updates regarding the conference will be posted on the PIUG web site at www.piug.org and PIUG Discussion Forum/Blog.
Deadline is November 30, 2019.
Please share this notice within your greater patent information community to enhance our outreach efforts. Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to seeing you at the PIUG 2020 Annual Conference!
PIUG 2020 Annual Conference Program Committee:
Martha Yates (Bayer, email@example.com)
Lucy Antunes (DuPont, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Shelley Pavlek (BMS, email@example.com)
Notice on use of PIUG name and logo:
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Antitrust Policy | Bylaws | Copyright and Disclaimer
© 2023 The Patent Information Users Group, Inc.