The International Society for Patent Information Professionals
Search Community Job Board
Advanced Patent Search Strategies:
What to Use When All Else Fails
Two-Part Live Webinar Series offered March 23 and April 6, 2022
Learn advanced search strategies to try when you’ve used the typical search methods and you want to make sure you did not miss something important. These strategies are also useful to help determine when a search is as near complete as possible, indicating that the searching may soon end. While the typical search methods including keywords, classification codes, citations and advanced systems will be briefly reviewed, the main focus will cover what to do after using these initial strategies.
This two-part series presented by Ron Kaminecki covers multiple techniques including:
• The Building Block Approach: Categorizing concepts to modify a strategy
• Successive Fractions: Paring a search down by concepts
• Recombination of Elements: Narrowing piecemeal results to avoid duplicates
• Terms of Art: Identifying the most important terminology
• Linking: Extending the search to other database sources
• Pearl Growing: Expanding results starting with only a single result
• Cherry Picking: Using a few documents to locate more information
• Analogous Arts: Using alternative sources to locate the information
Pricing for the entire course is $159 for PIUG Members and $199 for Non-members.
For more information and to register for the course, click HERE.
Please share this announcement with your colleagues and post to your professional association calendars.
Biography – Ron Kaminecki
Notice on use of PIUG name and logo:
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.
Antitrust Policy | Bylaws | Copyright and Disclaimer
© 2023 The Patent Information Users Group, Inc.