PIUG 2018 Annual Conference
Saturday, May 5 - Thursday, May 10, 2018
The Westin Alexandria
400 Courthouse Square
Alexandria, VA 22314
As you make your plans to attend, be sure to check out the many ways you can make the most out of your conference experience.
The plenary sessions run from Monday to Wednesday, but you’ll have many great opportunities to learn and connect throughout the conference. Be sure your travel plans account for:
· Saturday May 5: Pre-conference workshops. Deepen your expertise and extend your impact.
· Sunday May 6: Vendor workshops, Conference Warm-up For First Time Attendees, and the Opening Reception! Plus, a chance to check out the inner workings of PIUG at the annual Business meeting.
· Monday, May 7: Our Annual Gala and Awards Dinner. Dinner and drinks with colleagues and friends. Celebrate PIUG's 30th Anniversary as an organization.
· Tuesday, May 8 & Wednesday May 9: Opportunities for informal dine-arounds in the evenings. Bring your curiosity!
· Thursday May 10: Post-conference workshops. Because you really can’t be too much of an expert.
Some details, such as product review times, still need to be finalized. The workshops are essentially complete so please review the listings of workshops to learn more about our vendors and their products.
One of our Gold Sponsors, Clarivate Analytics has graciously sponsored two events in celebration of PIUG's 30th Anniversary this year including a trip to see the Washington Nationals play the Philadelphia Phillies late Saturday afternoon, May 5th. Click HERE to see the invitation and register to participate.
Please download the Meeting App when announced in early April following instructions on the Meeting App page of the website. There are features to enhance networking and the link to the meeting survey will also be accessible through the app. A map of the city and the meeting floor of the hotel is also provided along with tips regarding ground transportation.
It is suggested that you upload your picture to your profile on the app so that it makes easier for people to recognize you and promote exchange of ideas, etc. This is the same app that will be used for the PIUG 2018 Northeast Conference so you will not have to download it again. You will be able to access any event that you attended since May 2017 through this same software. If you have questions, please contact Ken Koubek.