As you make your plans to attend, be sure to check out the many ways you can make the most out of your conference experience.
The plenary sessions run from Monday to Wednesday, but you’ll have many great opportunities to learn and connect throughout the conference. Be sure your travel plans account for:
- Saturday May 21: Pre-conference Workshops. Deepen your expertise and extend your impact. link
- Sunday May 22: Vendor workshops, Conference Warm-up For First Time Attendees, and the Opening Reception! Plus, a chance to check out the inner workings of PIUG at the annual Business meeting.
- Monday, May 23: Our Annual Gala and Awards Dinner. Dinner and drinks with colleagues and friends.
- Tuesday, May 24 & Wednesday May 25: Opportunities for informal dine-arounds in the evenings. Bring your curiosity!
- Thursday May 26: Post-conference workshops. Because you really can’t be too much of an expert.
For more information, see the conference webpage at http://www.piug.org/an16program.
Some details, such as vendor workshop registration links, may still need to be finalized. Bookmark the link and return often.
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
Get travel and accommodation tips for the conference at http://www.piug.org/an16travel. And remember, you’re heading to Vancouver, WA (NOT Vancouver, BC).
Book your accommodations at the conference hotel (the Hilton Vancouver Washington) via this link: . Our group rate will be in effect until May 5th or whenever our group block sells out, whichever comes first.
Hotel Poacher/Pirate Warning: We have been notified that PIUG has been a target of hotel poachers/pirates, whereby representatives of a hotel room booking agency have been contacting PIUG exhibitors and sponsors identifying themselves as part of PIUG and offering to book rooms. These companies are not in any way affiliated with PIUG and are not authorized to use PIUG’s name or trademarks. PIUG does not use any third party company to handle its hotel bookings. PIUG strongly recommends that you do not book your hotel reservations with the hotel poachers/pirates and cannot guarantee that, if you book with the hotel poachers/pirates, the reservation is valid. All hotel reservations should be booked either through PIUG’s online link to the hotel or by calling the Hilton Vancouver Washington directly.
If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room for the PIUG annual meeting who is not a representative of PIUG, please obtain as much information as you can and contact Ken Koubek with the information, so we may take appropriate action.