Editing Membership Profiles on the PIUG Website and PIUG Wiki
PIUG members are strongly encouraged to update and augment their membership profiles and add profile photos to help build community. The PIUG website and PIUG wiki are different media, each with its own profile.
Here are instructions for maintaining each of them.
PIUG website membership profile
Users have complete control over others' access to their profiles on the PIUG website.
- Login to the website using fields in upper right corner using your website email address on record and website password.
Use the Forgot Password function to have a reset password link sent to your email address on record.
- Click on the View Profile link in the upper right corner, then click on the Edit Profile box to update the information. Save changes.
- Click on the Privacy link in order to control what information is open to Anybody, to Members, or nobody (No access). Click on the Edit Profile again, make changes by clicking on the radio buttons, and Save the changes.
PIUG wiki membership profile
For the most part, wiki profiles are viewable only by PIUG wiki registrants after login and are not indexed by search engines. The more extensive Personal Spaces on the PIUG wiki are similar to LinkedIn profile pages and may be created only by PIUG members. Access to Personal Spaces require wiki login by default but may be made open to all viewers and search engines. Note that registration on the wiki does not require current PIUG membership, although all in the patent information community are encouraged to join PIUG; see the Membership Benefits page.
- Login to the PIUG wiki via the Log In link in the top blue menu bar using your wiki username (not your email address of record) and your PIUG wiki password. Use the Forgot your password? function on the login screen to retrieve your wiki username and receive a link to reset your wiki password.
- On the top blue menu bar, hover over Settings > Manage my Personal Information and then select any of the available options: View my profile, Edit my profile, Change my email address, Change my password, or Edit my picture.
- Edit the information on the resulting page and save the changes.
- Additional help is available on the wiki : QRG - Personal Spaces and QRG - Profile Photos.