Call for Papers
The Patent Information Users Group Northeast Conference Program Committee is pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the PIUG 2019 NE Conference to be held on Tuesday, September 24, at the APA Hotel Woodbridge in Iselin, NJ. This year’s theme is: Navigating Patent Information in a Flat World.
We are interested in papers from ALL sectors of the patent information community (chemistry, electrical, mechanical, software, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology), and from ALL areas of the patent professional community (attorneys, agents, examiners, searchers, corporate and independent consultants, and tech transfer offices) on patent searching and analysis topics related to the following:
- Patent search & analysis strategies supporting freedom to operate, licensing, acquisition and divestiture activities, patent/competitive/business intelligence landscapes, et cetera.
- Examples of the changing patent law environment and recent patent case law, both domestic and international.
- Illustrations of patent family organization from a database provider perspective, use cases on how patent professionals review patent families, such as what countries are of interest and why, and challenges on searching patent family equivalents.
- Examples of recent use cases in all sectors of the patent information community.
- Reporting formats and client engagement.
- Approaches to fostering continuous improvement, for example, use of a variety of search systems/tools, analytical and visualization applications, team collaboration and knowledge sharing practices.
- Current and future technologies and tools.
General Guidelines for submitting proposal/topic/ideas:
- Send your paper title, abstract (max. 200 words), speaker names, affiliation, brief biography, and full contact information. Note: presentations are typically 30-45 min., followed by 5 min. Q&A.
- Do not include confidential or business-sensitive information in your abstract.
- If you would like to recommend a speaker or a topic for a presentation, please contact the PIUG 2019 NE Conference organizers, listed below, with your comments and suggestions.
- Further news about the program and updates regarding the conference will be posted on the PIUG web site and PIUG Discussion Forum/Blog.
Please email an abstract with your idea(s) to Shelley Pavlek.
Deadline is July 1, 2019, for full consideration, with July 31, 2019, as the final deadline for submission.
Please share this notice within your greater patent information community, to enhance our outreach efforts. Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to seeing you at the PIUG 2019 NE Conference!
PIUG 2019 NE Conference Program Committee
Shelley Pavlek (Bristol-Myers Squibb Company)
John Marlin (ExxonMobil)
Yateen Pargaonkar (RiserIP)
Leah Sandvoss (Pfizer)
Donald Walter (CAS)