Patent Information Users Group, Inc.
The International Society for Patent Information Professionals
Tuesday, February 20 and Wednesday, February 21)
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
25 Edwin H. Land Blvd.
Cambridge, MA 02141
10 Bosworth Street
Boston, MA 02108-4182
We welcome our PIUG colleagues who are visiting Boston for the conference and, perhaps, for the first time. Local members should feel free to "adopt a visitor", so that all feel welcome in Boston. Located just off the Freedom Trail, Marliave is centrally located among and within walking distance of the Massachusetts state capitol, Boston Common and Gardens, the popular Downtown Crossing district, and Faneuil Hall.
R.S.V.P. as soon as possible but not later than by 4:30pm. Friday, February 16, 2018. Contact Rick Williams (and modify the subject line in this hyperlinked memo) with the number of attendees in your party, if more than one.
- We have reserved seating for 24 people, so don't miss this opportunity to network with your industry colleagues. If you have previously replied "yes" but find that you are unable to attend, please contact Rick as quickly as possible to release your reservation for others who might wish to attend.
- Beyond the RSVP cut-off date (above), those who still wish to attend but who have not yet registered may wish to confirm seating availablility.
Please assemble in the restaurant bar any time prior to the dinner seating upstairs.
Hint: the raw bar features fresh oysters, discounted 4-6pm and 9-10pm daily.
|Dinner||Upstairs. Please mention the Boston Biotechnology Meeting to be seated with our group.|
|Return to the hotel, or stroll around town.|
- By "the T" (MBTA): Navigate to Park Street Station (Red & Green Lines). Walk 2 blocks up the hill on Tremont Street past the Orpheum Theater and Suffolk U. to Bosworth and turn right. Walk 1.5 blocks to Marliave (on right).
- By car: Not recommended for visitors; locals know the way.
- By cab: quickest, depending on traffic (and, of course, snow). Check with hotel concierge for estimated rates.
- The networking dinner is "Dutch treat".
- Boston taxicabs accept major credit cards. Verify that your cab secured outside Boston proper accepts your credit card, if important.
- Transportation options in Boston include walking, taxicab, and mass transit, or some combination of these.
- We make every attempt to secure reservations only at venues that are willing either to (1) issue individual meal checks or (2) receive individual cash or business charge cards for payment (and issue duplicate receipts); however, based on venue availability and in view of the size of our event, we cannot guarantee separate checks.
If you plan to attend the conference and also will remain in Boston throughout Wednesday evening, please consider attending the dinner. Forward your intent or any question (addressing any relevant data mentioned above) as soon as possible to Rick Williams.
Conference Registrants list
Login to the PIUG website using your PIUG website email address and password and then go to the PIUG 2018 Biotechnology Conference Registrants list.
In addition to this formal networking event, additional evenings may offer similar opportunities of a less formal nature. If you are unfamiliar with Boston but wish to arrange your own networking events Tuesday evening, please feel free to contact us. We are happy to assist in suggesting or arranging an appropriate venue.
© 2021 The Patent Information Users Group, Inc.
Mailing Address: 40 E. Main St., #1438
Newark, DE 19711
Phone: +1 (302) 660-3275 Fax: +1 (302) 660-3276
Notice on use of PIUG name and logo:
No one may use the PIUG name or logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PIUG Board of Directors.